Ok this is the best vegan fat free Bananacake I've ever made. Even if you are not vegan, even if you don't care about fat, check this out!
The batter alone is so tasty and I love the simplicity of it. Adding cups of liquid butter used to gross me out, so this is my new alternative for a fast and easy cake.
This is actually a diet cake, considering there is no fat in it, I calculated the macros.
I really like the texture of this goodie. The inside of the cake turns out soft and moist - almost gooey - (not dry at all) and the outside will be nice and crusty.
It will be very sweet if you follow my recipe, so you might as well use less sugar.
Also you can leave out the cocoa powder, but hey, isn't that marble effect just perfect?
1. preheat the oven to 350 degrees F°. Depending on your pan, you might have to grease it, or you use a baking sheet.
2. mash the bananas with a fork. Add the water, vanilla and sugar. Mix until it is smooth and creamy.
3. add the flour, baking powder and salt and then mix everything with a handheld elective mixer. You can add the chocolate chips, cocoa nibs or nuts now.
4. pour 2/3 of the batter into the prepared pan.
5. add the cocoa powder to the rest of the batter, blend it in and pour the chocolate batter into the pan was well. It will give you a nice marble effect in the end.
6. bake for 50-60 minutes. (Do the toothpick test, as every oven is different)
And now to the macros: One cake will give you
421g Carbohydrates, 8g Fat and 41g Protein and a total of 1,785 Calories (just the basic recipe, if you add chocolate or nuts you will have to add those). But hey, compared to a classic cake recipe, this is pretty awesome.