Ingredients for the cake:
14 tbsp Vegan Margerine/Vegan Butter (for example Becel or Earth Balance), softened
1 Cup Silk Tofu
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Chocolate, chopped in small pieces.
1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
6 tbsp All-purpose flour
1/8 Cup Cocoa Beans/Cocoa Nips, chopped/blended
2 tbsp Baking powder
For the frosting:
3 cups powdered sugar
3 tbsp vegan butter/margerine/coconut oil, softened
4 tbsp vanilla soy milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract (best is french vanilla)
For the decoration:
Strawberries (or other berries)
1. preheat the oven to 380°F / 180°C.
2. Grease a springform pan and line with parchment paper.
3. In a medium size bowl, mix all the dry ingredients: Sugar, Chocolate, Cocoa powder, flour, cocoa beans, baking powder and salt.
4. Add softened butter/margerine and silk tofu and beat on low with a hand held mixer until well blended. The cake batter should be smooth.
Pour batter in springform and bake the cake on the bottom rack for about 25-30 minutes, until a center placed toothpick or knife comes out clean.
5. While the cake cools down, prepare the frosting. Blend all ingredients in a mixing bowl together until smooth. If it gets too dry, add more soy milk, if its too soft, add more powdered sugar. It should be thick but still spreadable. When the cake is cooled down completely, cover with the frosting and decorate with strawberries.